Chitgar lake (Persian: دریاچه چیتگر) is a famous artificial lake situated in the north area of Chitgar park in northwestern Tehran, Iran. If you’re planning to visit Tehran, this lake is a must-visit site. Its official name is Lake of the Martyrs of the Persian Gulf (Persian: دریاچه شهدای خلیج فارس). In all, the complex covers around 250 hectares, including 130 hectares across the lake and 120 hectares on the shore and resorts. Kan Creek provides around 80 percent of the water in the lake, with the other 20 percent coming from central regions and surface runoffs throughout the district. Even though this lake is artificial and recreational, it’s gorgeous, and boating will be a fun and memorable experience. Chitgar Park, located on the western and southern shores of the lake, is a spectacular forest park. There is a cafe and restaurant just next to it, and you can find a parking space easily there. In addition, if you’re interested in riding, you may hire a bicycle and explore the area surrounding the lake. So, if you want to know more about this lake, keep reading!
History of Chitgar
Authorities have planned to build an artificial lake in the western part of Tehran since the first comprehensive plan for Tehran in 1968. However, they postponed the building process due to several technical and budgetary constraints. They re-evaluated the proposal comprehensively over the course of eight years (from 2003 to 2011), which ultimately resulted in its construction. There was a great need for additional expert organizations to assist on this project since the construction procedure was exceedingly complex. As a result, today’s Chitgar lake is the result of a tremendous deal of effort. Mohsen Khorasanizadeh, Morteza Adib, and Maryam Yousefi were responsible for the Lakeshore Landscape Design of this lake.
The aesthetic features of the lake have created a breathtaking view for visitors. Several entertaining facilities are available on the island, including amusement islands, wildlife islands, educational islands, sailing docks, a water park, an aqua club, a recreational harbor, welfare facilities, an amusement park, and accommodation services. It’s now available for the visitors to this complex to stroll on the new rocky beach, which allows them to take off their shoes and socks while relaxing. The lake has a surface area of 130 hectares and a depth of around 10 meters. In addition to the lake, there is a 120-hectare entertainment complex nearby. Without a certain, it’s difficult to ignore the importance of the lake and Chitgar Park in terms of smoothing and purifying Tehran’s dirty air, which they both contribute to. Apart from providing a breathtaking view of the city, the lake has also reduced the likelihood of seasonal floods and nutrified the aquifers in the surrounding area.
Chitgar Lake Weather
As we have mentioned earlier, Chitgar lake contributes to purifying Tehran’s polluted air. So, if you visit there, you will breathe clean, purified weather. In the midst of Tehran’s polluted weather, this lake produced a paradise-like ambiance. People in Tehran who are tired of their hard work and the polluted weather in their city go to Chitgar Park or the lake to rest and chill out. Chitgar, an emerald-hued lake in the northwest of Tehran, is a popular tourist destination for both locals and visitors to the city. In some respects, the lake helps maintain a balance in the city’s weather conditions while also increasing its humidity. To keep tourists delighted, it provides a variety of exciting activities. Beautiful, fresh weather will rejuvenate your spirit. Don’t forget that many workers have worked hard to build this lake over a period of years. The lakefront scenery makes a captivating appeal at sunset and night. This lake has been attracting thousands of tourists from around the world or Iran because the weather is so much different than Tehran and its beauty is spectacular. Whether you’re looking to relax or have a good time at Chitgar Lake, you won’t be disappointed.
Chitgar Park (Persian: پارک چیتگر) is a forest park in Tehran, Iran, located in the western part of the city. It encompasses an area of around 14.5 square kilometers and contains facilities and services for cycling and skating, among other things. Chitgar Lake, situated to the north of this park, is a popular destination for tourists. This park has a variety of vendors selling food and drinks and renting bicycles. Chitgar Park is one of Tehran Province’s major parks, located inside the municipal limits of Tehran’s District 22. Kan Creek and the Vardavard River water for the park’s woodland regions. A freeway and a subway line lead to the park. Chitgar is also the metro station’s name, located north of the Tehran-Karaj Highway.
10 Places You Should Visit in Tehran Province, Iran
The Best Hotels In Tehran You Should Stay In
Restaurant in Tehran: Top 10 Best Ones In 2021